Sunday, December 14, 2008

A quest begins!

After a season of chasing my many nemesis (Nemesees?) every weekend and watching teammates I've beaten early in the season upgrade to the 3's and earn an extra couple hours sleep and warmup Ive decided something must be done, by god!

This is in part thanks to crossresults.com which manages to extensively document and graph the exact level of my suckage and display its progress week to week. Thanks guys.

This is not to say progress has not been made. My race resume is literally LITTERED with mid-pack finishes. And lets just say when it comes to my equipment, it would be embarassing how much money I had spent to not get much faster. If I did not have some amazing sponsorship and industry deals available to me. Even still the refrain I've been hearing at recent races from RMM and Gary "Those wheels are too nice to be going so slow!" ...well it stings!

So a call was made, a bat signal lit, and a blog was created. Hear I sit like the proverbial birds in the wilderness, waiting for my training plan (courtesy of Pete Smith).

The plan, so far as Ive gotten, starting post new-years I will "gasp!" actually train seriously for the road season! The Rollers have been dug out of storage, the trainer cleaned of its race course grime, and entire seasons of tv series are waiting to be downloaded (im certain i will be obtaining them legally).

The Goals;
Race all fours days of Fitchburg (I missed the time cut on the road stage)
Become a decent climber (despite my lightweight even mr mashburn can beat me uphill)
Upgrade without embarassing myself for cross season


Simple enough right? We'll see what happens when Pete S sends me the plan!

3 comments:

  1. seriously though, I was psyched that I bettered so many of you at cross, because I'm well aware that all my glory will be dashed on to the pavement during road and track season as I'm left in the dust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The true role of a sandbagger is to win so often and so decisively that you are universally reviled. Unfortunately, you are too good of a guy to be reviled. Gary and I are revulsion material; people will just be happy for you.
    Bring back the mustache and act like a prick more often. Those are more important in the life of a sanbagger than race results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a second. Did you call me fat?

    ReplyDelete